Commonly Used Languages
These are languages that are most commonly spoken on the server. Please add any that you see, or that I missed. Thanks!
- English. Nearly everyone is caught talking in this language (or in Pietspeech) at some point in time. See also "Strayan" below.
- German. Used by the admins and moderators, notably Gabriel, Orwell and Och_Noe. Signs abound on various mainlines in this language, holding cryptic messages.
- French. The baguettes sometimes come for a séjour on the server. Smacker or Lucas Burlingham might try to talk to them, as well as Lordy and pseudonyme.
- Russian. Still don't quite know what they called me. There's a Russian translation of the server rules. Known speakers include Smacker, ARSE7, and User:Lordy.
- Spanish. Probably the most rare. You mostly run into this very late at night or in the early morning. gabriel and Felfa speak this language.
- Polish. Sometimes seen. Used by Sraczka2, and martinalol10.
- Ukrainian. Was seen a few times.
- Chinese. Rarely seen.
- Czech. There are a few native speakers but usually don't need Smacker's assistance.
- Dutch. Very rarely seen in natural form, often seen as mixture into English as Pietspeech
- Afrikaans/German. CalebJ sometimes speaks his odd mixture of these two languages when he gets bored of English. One example would be "Yebo, ich brauche einen Stapel", or "Kewl, danke", or even "Eish, das ist verruckt!". If you any clues as to what that means, gut. If you can reply to him using this mixture of the two languages, sehr gut.
- Korean. Was seen a few times.
- Strayan. Mainly spoken by the rare Aussie users during the late hours of the night (Strayan time, bright o'clock to the majority of the rest of the world.) Often followed by confused silence from the rest of the server. Blockhead and Maverick2797 are notable examples of such specimens. Examples: G'day mate! Noice, innit? Yeah, nah sweet as bruh, bloody 'ot tho! See also: Strayan Translation Table.
Display of non-latin Characters
The minetest engine is not limiting the usable character sets. But there are typically problems with asian languages (CJK), they are not displayed or hard to enter. The minetest engine seems not to work together with composing imput methods. The other problem is that many operation system have not the needed fonts to display CJK characters or minetest is not using them. One possible way to get the CJK characters is to install the "WenQuanYi" fonts, but that has also it's problems.