The nieuws is supposed to record anything noteable that happens. If you do or hear about something noteable, report it here, filed under the appropriate year and month, with bullet points for each day. Nieuws that is just headlines is welcome and in fact encouraged. Full stories might go in their own article in the 'Nieuws:' namespace.
You should report noteable things that happen in-game or in the wider community. Here are some things you should announce in the nieuws:
- Railway stations opening and closing.
- Railway lines being built, including progress updates on construction.
- New railway services
- Construction or progress on construction for buildings.
- Starting a new settlement.
- Starting a new company.
- Anything else noteable, to record it for posterity!
- 2020-03-31: Spawn Subway Line 6 has finally had the destination displays updated to say 'Library' or 'Anju Crossing'!
- 2020-03-31: The stimulus package money for Trisiston has run out. The jungle area has been protected as an open area and will remain perpetually as a public forest for wood gathering. Imre plans to continue incentives with a shop that will buy oil extract.
- 2020-03-31: On-demand service is operational on Spawn Subway line 2a!
- 2020-03-30: Pancakes just finished building her hospital called Pancakes Meowreal Hospital. Coordinates are: 🌍 -240,12,-313
- 2020-03-26: Blockhead's Digtron Shop is now open for business.
- 2020-03-26 Pancakes built new skyscrapers recently, and two new shops. One is located in her skyscraper: 🌍 -237,51,-240 The other is a pet shop located in her zoo: 🌍 -267,16,-210
- 2020-03-22: The construction of the local shuttle line in Elders Valley continues and will be expanded to a ringline at the outer city border
- 2020-03-18: The South Forest Subway Monitoring System is successfully rolled out by DURT
- 2020-03-18: Blockhead is proud to announce a $1555 stimulus package for the deforestation of Trisiston. Mithril axes are provided for only MG$10 and stacks of jungle wood and leaves will be bought for MG$5/stack, saplings $5MG/50. There is a new smartshop near a rail underpass: 🌍 -4308,14,-3050.
- 2020-03-17: Construction of the ferry station in Bamboo Bay Village is completed.
- 2020-03-15: S31 has been extended to Elders Valley
- 2020-03-14: Elders Valley Northwest station is constructed, after some track duplication.
- 2020-03-13: The Holiday Beach Canal is completed and opened.
- 2020-03-12: S31 has been rerouted, nouw using a new alignment north of trisiston.
- 2020-03-11: The Northern Gateway Canal is completed and opened.
- 2020-03-10: The Garden Contest has officially started
- 2020-03-02: The Mountain Refuge Contest has ended and is nouw in the voting phase
- 2020-02-29: Shanielle Inlet Station is renamed from 'Garden of Eden Ferry' to disambiguate it from Garden of Eden Ferry Station.
- 2020-02-28: Forks:Tshirts are first offered and an unexpected number of interested players sign up.
- 2020-02-25: A series of maps are added to the game from the wiki including South Forest Subway, Origin Local Transport, and northwest quarter services.
- 2020-02-20: A new junction between S20 and S23 is finished, called Arcadius Interchange, near Arcadius Station.
- 2020-02-17: The SHP train begins shuttle service between Wolf Rock Station and Shanielle Park Station.
- 2020-02-02: The February 2020 Mountain Refuge Contest is announced and begins.
- 2020-02-01: The Seven wonders of Linuxforks 2019 are announced.
- 2020-01-25: Initial construction of the Personhood Western Bypass is completed.
- 2020-01-20: The Far East Railway begins planning.
- 2019-12-14: Construction of the water tower in Bamboo Bay Village is completed.
- 2019-12-13: A server memory leak causes downtime, forcing the upgrade to version 5.1.
- 2019-12-12: The remaining west half of South Forest Subway re-opened after the west section was completed. A pioneering new LuaATC-based system that works along with interlocking was deployed by DURT. The station/stop tracks were removed and replaced with LuaATC tracks. ARS is disabled on the signals and routes are set from LuaATC.
- 2019-12-10: The eastern section of the South Forest Subway was-reopened after complete tunnel re-walling, an arduous process. The system operates on interlocking and station tracks, with an additional LuaATC track for next station information after departure.
- 2019-12-11: A third track opens north of The Cube Station, pursuant to a project to increase capacity on the mainline.
- 2019-12-08: The Noob Express is formed by merging the X Nihilo Express and E35.
- 2019-12-05: Blockhead and by de facto extension DURT were granted authority over South Forest Subway, after it having been out of service for a very long time. 👑 gabriel requested the line be converted to interlocking.
- 2019-11-28: Spawn 21 opens to its first passenger service, the Nanepiwer, extended from Riverside Station.
- 2019-11-26: Exterior construction of Evolution Tower in the high tech district of Silver Coast is completed. Interior work will continue into 2020.
- 2019-11-11: Construction of the Personhood Western Bypass's wooden trestle bridge northwest of Personhood West Station is completed.
- 2019-10-06: Bamboo Bay Village is founded.
- 2019-09-08: Marnack's Cider Mill opens to the public.
- 2019-08-10: The Nanepiwer begins service without much ceremony.
- 2019-07-24: Although completed in June, Marnack's Mill officially opens to the public with the start of train service to Marnack Mills Station.
- 2019-07-24: Train service begins at Marnack Mills Station as the new terminus of the S16. The S16a is configured to terminate at Deep Valley Mountain Station. Both also terminate at Roses Gardens East Station at their other end.
- 2019-07-24: Train service is upgraded at Shoot Hills Station to use a newly added second track and platform.
- 2019-07-23: The GTSBs stop happening after 👑 gabriel splits the advtrains save data into multiple files, calling it save version 3.
- 2019-07-20: GTSB Episode 2¾
- 2019-07-19: The wiki has its 1000th Page made.
- 2019-07-16: GTSB Episode 2½
- 2019-07-15: The second great train service breakdown (GTSB) occurred, with all trains lost after a horrible lua error. They are restored from a backup.
- 2019-06-08: ATL Bronze Line service is extended to Personhood West, becoming the first private line to stop there.
- 2019-05-19: ATL Silver Line (now Zinc) is rerouted to Ocean City via a new tunnel under Silver Coast Bay. Most of the floating stone tile rail bridge is demolished.
- 2019-04-17: Arse Train Lines are extended to Ehlodex.
- 2019-04-16: North Onionland Station finally receives proper platforms and passenger infrastructure.
- 2019-03-26: This wiki is founded.
- 2018-02-28: The historic Onionland Subway Station is decommissioned as the surrounding city expands.
- 2017-12-27/2018-01-11: The Ritchie Memorial is built.
- 2017-11-27: The first plans for South Forest Subway are presented by 👑 gabriel. Only one line is later implemented and it forms a loop at Dubulti instead of the straight end shown on the map. The west part of the alignment shown for the other line is used for the Spawn-South Forest Mainline instead.
- 2017-11-26/2017-12-14: The Moderators House was demolished, and the Spawn Info Center was built in place. Also during this time, the old Admin Shop in Spawn was demolished where the Smacker's Market currently stands.
- 2017-10-22/2017-10-31: The Spawn-Origin Mainline is built.
- 2017-10-12: The first long-distance railways map is posted by 👑 gabriel
- 2017-10-09: The server has a bit of downtime, as noted by ⚖️ Felfa.
- Early in the month: The jungle east of Origin is mostly clearfelled and bamboo grass planted.
- 2017-08-24: The first map render is made.
- 2017-04-27: The forum thread was posted to the minetest forums!