- Woops, were you looking for the Exciting news instead?
The nieuws is supposed to record anything noteable that happens. If you do or hear about something noteable, report it here, filed under the appropriate year and month, with bullet points for each day. Nieuws that is just headlines is welcome and in fact encouraged. Full stories might go in their own article in the 'Nieuws:' namespace.
You should report noteable things that happen in-game or in the wider community. Here are some things you should announce in the nieuws:
- Railway stations opening and closing.
- Railway lines being built, including progress updates on construction.
- New railway services
- Construction or progress on construction for buildings.
- Starting a new settlement.
- Starting a new company.
- Anything else noteable, to record it for posterity!
- 1 2020
- 2 2019
- 3 2018
- 4 2017
- 5 References
2020-09-19 The Sulfur Hills Branch Line opened to great fanfare. The pioneering shunting system runs the locomotive around the wagon to ensure it's always at the front of the train. This is the first passenger service to offer such luxury.Service closed due to technical issues with the shunting system.
- 2020-09-18 The S18 is extended from Plantain Hills to Shore
- 2020-09-11 Plantain Hills Station is opened and the S18 is initiated there with service running to Personhood West.
- 2020-09-05 Memory Station is opened and the S17 service is extended to the station as its new terminus.
- 2020-09-02 The voting for the August contest starts at 0:00 UTC
- 2020-08-31 56independent has completed the wbx viaduct (details in his user page) all thta is left is the tunnel to be built.
- 2020-08-30: apprentice has a railway siding added to serve the store at Materials and More. Trains will run between the other siding at Arcadius to M&M.
Wiki pages have been created for all operating stations on Spawn Subway. Hurrah!Leekston Ferry station is missing.
- 2020-08-25: The railway level crossing of Spawn-Origin Mainline with Wau Holland Drive was integrated into the interlocking, with the lights being locked with the signal routes. It serves as a proof of concept and utilizes the "fallback state" feature that was added recently in advtrains.
- 2020-08-21: Spawn Subway Line 2 has been completely interlocked by DURT. Service was paused for the works and is now resumed.
- 2020-08-21: The Elders Valley South Station was reopened after 👑 gabriel reworked the interlocking.
- 2020-08-21: The Elders Valley South Station was removed from the S31 after some problems.
- 2020-08-19: The Elders Valley South Station is completed and opens as the new terminus of the S31.
- 2020-08-08: The Plantain Hills Canal is completed and opened.
- 2020-08-07: 👑 gabriel founded STASI and constructed Hippodrome yard. It will be the first automatic shunt yard of LinuxForks once it works.
- 2020-08-01: E3 Line is extended to BigFishCity and BigFishCity Station has it's grand opening with a resounding attendence of 2
- 2020-07-26: 👑 gabriel is implementing advanced shunting functions in advtrains. He managed to build a proof of concept in his local test world.
- 2020-07-20: jonadab flubbed two prices in a SmartShop and accidentally sold 20 HV furnaces for the price of 1, and 20 HV grinders for the price of 1, in the Technic shop at the Tech Mall. The prices have been corrected, and the HV equipment restocked.
- 2020-07-13: Elders Valley is open for settlement
- 2020-07-09: service is initated between Holiday Beach Station and Citrus Bridge Station.
- 2020-07-08: Fire Islands Deepwater Bridge begins construction on the V Tecta - Holiday Beach Mainline.
- 2020-07-06: Mushroom Shore Station built.
- 2020-07-04: There are now crafting recipes for the permafrost nodes.
- 2020-06-28: The Minio Express has been decommissioned, owing to the fact it was unused and used the now innaccessible Spawn Trump station. Rollingstock has been numbered with road numbers MEX-1,2,3. These subway wagons are now stored at Mountain South.
- 2020-06-17: Frog-Boy had a nuclear reactor meltdown.
- 2020-06-12: Bambus Village is founded.
- 2020-06-08: The S17 service is initiated to provide service to Deep Valley Mountain Station.
- 2020-06-08: The S16b service is initiated in a loop around Bamboo Bay.
- 2020-06-08: The S16a service is updated to include the three Bamboo Bay stations and exclude Panda Reserve Station and Deep Valley Mountain Station.
- 2020-06-08: Panda Reserve Station is closed.
- 2020-06-08: Bamboo Bay Village Station is opened.
- 2020-06-08: Bamboo Bay West Station is opened.
- 2020-06-08: Bamboo Bay South Station is opened.
- 2020-06-04: Construction of the Sulfur Hills Branch Line is mostly completed with interlocking. However the route will be modified to allow running the locomotive around at each terminus.
- 2020-05-28: Construction of Holiday Beach Station is completed.
- 2020-05-24: Construction of a new station building at Desert Junction Station is completed.
- 2020-05-18: After three days' construction the Tanh Highway is now open. It connects the Raja-Hippodrome Highway with the No Idea-Trisiston Highway, providing continuous highway from Spawn to Trisiston.
- 2020-05-15: The Lost Sapling Tavern is completed and opened in Trisiston.
- 2020-05-13: 👑 gabriel tried to fix an annoying bug by running //clearobjects shortly before going to bed. Except that due to terrible UI design, he actually ran /clearobjects, killing all animals. FUCK /clearobjects, /deleteblocks et al. Players affected from this bug are entitled to compensation.
- 2020-05-09: The Deep Valley Mountain Station is rebuilt with the addition of a second track and all new platforms and lighting.
- 2020-05-03: The Trisiston Public Forest, owing to its heavily griefed nature, has been mostly demolished and a new suburb will be built over that part of it. The existing flat section directly adjacent the commercial district will remain as a smaller open area with apple trees. The jungle tree was deemed innappropriate for noobs as they leave the top of the tree floating too often.
- 2020-05-03: The April 2020 Hotel Contest has closed for entries and voting is now open.
- 2020-04-29: Grootshad-X Nihilo Station opened, leading to the closure of X Nihilo Regional Station. X Nihilo Commuter service got closed due to extremely low ridership, the rolling stock got moved to S14, ending service to X Nihilo Main Station.
- 2020-04-28: ⚖️ Ywang declared level C state of emergency in Crossroads, forcing all lines in Crossroads except ATL Bronze Line to shut down or skip the city.
- 2020-04-26: Junglewood Hotel is completed and opened in Trisiston
- 2020-04-24: Mario and Luigi have dissolved their plumbing and stool business. Report from ⚖️ erstazi.
- 2020-04-23: Blockhead and 👑 gabriel have completely interlocked Spawn Subway Line 7.
- 2020-04-18 56independent has finished building the triston observitory, a ugly tall tower to spy on everyone in trisiston. this was beore he went inactive due to alck of internet acces.
- 2020-04-17: Pancakes and ⚖️ Smacker finished renovating MapleSyrrup (Pancakes' shop). It is now open, like before.
- 2020-04-15: Pancakes made a new donation center in Trisiston, where you can take items you need and donate the ones you don't need. Coordinates: 🌍 -4232,17,-3163 (map)
- 2020-04-13: The John Conway Memorial Task Force was formed, the aim of which should be to make a suitable memorial to this great mathematician (without referring to the obvious Game of Life).
- 2020-04-13: Report from 👑 gabriel: "56independent died due to his own stupidity, he teleported to a list of 3 skin ids". The cause was that ⚖️ Felfa enumerated the IDs of the invisible skins in the server: "888, 889, 1148", resulting in 56independent's death by falling from a great height.
- 2020-04-12: ⚖️ Ywang announced level D state of emergency in Crossroads "due to extreme lag".
- 2020-04-11: DURT made it's first financial delivery: a stack of artificial mechanically-processed diamond blocks. Blockhead purchased them for $891 MG, returning them to the econnomy in his digtron shop in the form of cheap digtron digger heads.
- 2020-04-08: Area ID 12000 has been taken by RMHR. Blockhead missed out on such luck, getting area #12001...
- 2020-04-06: ⚖️ Och_Noe has built a house to
spy on everyonehave a nice overview over Elders Valley. It is a nice construction of sakura wood, obsidian glass and terracotta that sits on the mountainside northeast of town.
- 2020-04-05: 56independent has started contructing the World Border Hotel.
- 2020-04-05: Blockhead has reached the bottom of the world in his vertical mineshaft at Edenwood Beach. The final y coordinate is -30912. Hitting the bottom will not cause fall damage, but travellers are advised to stick as close to the ladder as possible so as to not hit objects on the way down.
- 2020-03-31: Spawn Subway Line 6 has finally had the destination displays updated to say 'Library' or 'Anju Crossing'!
- 2020-03-31: The stimulus package money for Trisiston has run out. The jungle area has been protected as an open area and will remain perpetually as a public forest for wood gathering. Imre plans to continue incentives with a shop that will buy oil extract.
- 2020-03-31: On-demand service is operational on Spawn Subway line 2a!
- 2020-03-30: Pancakes just finished building her hospital called Pancakes Meowreal Hospital. Coordinates are: 🌍 -240,12,-313 (map)
- 2020-03-26: Blockhead's Digtron Shop is now open for business.
- 2020-03-26 56independent has started construction on his world border home, a home located on the border and cut in half. it has a digitron unloader and sorting system
- 2020-03-26 Pancakes built new skyscrapers recently, and two new shops. One is located in her skyscraper: 🌍 -237,51,-240 (map) The other is a pet shop located in her zoo: 🌍 -267,16,-210 (map)
- 2020-03-22: The construction of the local shuttle line in Elders Valley continues and will be expanded to a ringline at the outer city border
- 2020-03-18: The South Forest Subway Monitoring System is successfully rolled out by DURT
- 2020-03-18: Blockhead is proud to announce a $1555 stimulus package for the deforestation of Trisiston. Mithril axes are provided for only MG$10 and stacks of jungle wood and leaves will be bought for MG$5/stack, saplings $5MG/50. There is a new smartshop near a rail underpass: 🌍 -4308,14,-3050 (map).
- 2020-03-17: Construction of the ferry station in Bamboo Bay Village is completed.
- 2020-03-15: S31 has been extended to Elders Valley
- 2020-03-14: Elders Valley Northwest station is constructed, after some track duplication.
- 2020-03-13: The Holiday Beach Canal is completed and opened.
- 2020-03-12: S31 has been rerouted, nouw using a new alignment north of trisiston.
- 2020-03-11: The Northern Gateway Canal is completed and opened.
- 2020-03-10: The Garden Contest has officially started
- 2020-03-02: The Mountain Refuge Contest has ended and is nouw in the voting phase
- 2020-02-29: Shanielle Inlet Station is renamed from 'Garden of Eden Ferry' to disambiguate it from Garden of Eden Ferry Station.
- 2020-02-28: Forks:Tshirts are first offered and an unexpected number of interested players sign up.
- 2020-02-25: A series of maps are added to the game from the wiki including South Forest Subway, Origin Local Transport, and northwest quarter services.
- 2020-02-20: A new junction between S20 and S23 is finished, called Arcadius Interchange, near Arcadius Station.
- 2020-02-17: The SHP train begins shuttle service between Wolf Rock Station and Shanielle Park Station.
- 2020-02-02: The February 2020 Mountain Refuge Contest is announced and begins.
- 2020-02-01: The Seven wonders of Linuxforks 2019 are announced.
- 2020-01-25: Initial construction of the Personhood Western Bypass is completed.
- 2020-01-20: The Far East Railway begins planning.
- 2019-12-14: Construction of the water tower in Bamboo Bay Village is completed.
- 2019-12-13: A server memory leak causes downtime, forcing the upgrade to version 5.1.
- 2019-12-12: The remaining west half of South Forest Subway re-opened after the west section was completed. A pioneering new LuaATC-based system that works along with interlocking was deployed by DURT. The station/stop tracks were removed and replaced with LuaATC tracks. ARS is disabled on the signals and routes are set from LuaATC.
- 2019-12-10: The eastern section of the South Forest Subway was-reopened after complete tunnel re-walling, an arduous process. The system operates on interlocking and station tracks, with an additional LuaATC track for next station information after departure.
- 2019-12-11: A third track opens north of The Cube Station, pursuant to a project to increase capacity on the mainline.
- 2019-12-08: The Noob Express is formed by merging the X Nihilo Express and E35.
- 2019-12-05: Blockhead and by de facto extension DURT were granted authority over South Forest Subway, after it having been out of service for a very long time. 👑 gabriel requested the line be converted to interlocking.
- 2019-11-28: Spawn 21 opens to its first passenger service, the Nanepiwer, extended from Riverside Station.
- 2019-11-26: Exterior construction of Evolution Tower in the high tech district of Silver Coast is completed. Interior work will continue into 2020.
- 2019-11-11: Construction of the Personhood Western Bypass's wooden trestle bridge northwest of Personhood West Station is completed.
- 2019-10-06: Bamboo Bay Village is founded.
- 2019-09-08: Marnack's Cider Mill opens to the public.
- 2019-08-15: The Winery at Marnack Vineyards in Bamboo Bay Village is completed and opens to the public.
- 2019-08-10: The Nanepiwer begins service without much ceremony.
- 2019-07-24: Although completed in June, Marnack's Mill officially opens to the public with the start of train service to Marnack Mills Station.
- 2019-07-24: Train service begins at Marnack Mills Station as the new terminus of the S16. The S16a is configured to terminate at Deep Valley Mountain Station. Both also terminate at Roses Gardens East Station at their other end.
- 2019-07-24: Train service is upgraded at Shoot Hills Station to use a newly added second track and platform.
- 2019-07-23: The GTSBs stop happening after 👑 gabriel splits the advtrains save data into multiple files, calling it save version 3.
- 2019-07-20: GTSB Episode 2¾
- 2019-07-19: The wiki has its 1000th Page made.
- 2019-07-16: GTSB Episode 2½
- 2019-07-15: The second great train service breakdown (GTSB) occurred, with all trains lost after a horrible lua error. They are restored from a backup.
- 2019-06-08: ATL Bronze Line service is extended to Personhood West, becoming the first private line to stop there.
- 2019-05-19: ATL Silver Line (now Zinc) is rerouted to Ocean City via a new tunnel under Silver Coast Bay. Most of the floating stone tile rail bridge is demolished.
- 2019-04-17: Arse Train Lines are extended to Ehlodex.
- 2019-04-16: North Onionland Station finally receives proper platforms and passenger infrastructure.
- 2019-03-26: This wiki is founded.
- 2018-02-28: The historic Onionland Subway Station is decommissioned as the surrounding city expands.
- 2017-12-27/2018-01-11: The Ritchie Memorial is built.
- 2017-11-27: The first plans for South Forest Subway are presented by 👑 gabriel. Only one line is later implemented and it forms a loop at Dubulti instead of the straight end shown on the map. The west part of the alignment shown for the other line is used for the Spawn-South Forest Mainline instead.
- 2017-11-26/2017-12-14: The Moderators House was demolished, and the Spawn Info Center was built in place. Also during this time, the old Admin Shop in Spawn was demolished where the Smacker's Market currently stands.
- 2017-10-22/2017-10-31: The Spawn-Origin Mainline is built.
- 2017-10-12: The first long-distance railways map is posted by 👑 gabriel
- 2017-10-09: The server has a bit of downtime, as noted by ⚖️ Felfa.
- Early in the month: The jungle east of Origin is mostly clearfelled and bamboo grass planted.
- 2017-08-24: The first map render is made.
- 2017-04-27: The forum thread was posted to the minetest forums!