When proposing this mod, I did not realise that it was a creative-only mod. I admit I'm not experienced at Lua or modding, but my untrained eye did not see anything that would indicate a creative-only state. If anyone would be willing to help make this server-friendly, that would be much appreciated. Thanks --Maverick2797 (talk) 17:57, 11 August 2019 (CEST)
The mod seems interesting, so I could make the needed changes incl. adding a way to change the brightness. But please don't expect that in the next few days, as I work on other mods.
--Och Noe (talk) 19:42, 11 August 2019 (CEST)
I found a server-ready version buried in the Dreambuilder modpack, and modified it a tiny bit so that "lightstones" actually produce light :P. The brightness isn't so much of a big deal tbh.
--Maverick2797 (talk) 14:16, 8 October 2019 (CEST)
comment from Och_Noe: this mod is only usable in creative mode, so I suggest to reject it until it is in a usable state
comment from Maverick2797: a server-ready version has been found in (and extracted from) the dreambuilder modpack.
comment from Och_Noe: a
depends.txt is missing
Griefer of the year 2019
I certainly haven't experienced much griefing this year, not since I returned to find Edenwood Beach had a heap of sand removed. I'm not sure anybody but the moderators really knows who the griefers are. Maybe some moderators could nominate someone? Alternatively, how about an award for builder of the year instead - something to celebrate instead of frown upon?
- That award was given out for the last two years. In 2017, it went to Manaugh48; in 2018 to LowerGameing for griefing Spawn with lava. --Gabriel (talk) 11:14, 12 November 2019 (CET)
- I haven't experienced much griefing either. The only few cases that I remember:
- AK (or his/her alt account) griefing a BBT station with water
- poa griefing a Spawn Subway station with lava
- Builder of the Year: sometimes building can also be (partially) griefing, depending on the method used.
- IMHO some proper rule proposals should be on the voting page instead.
Schwarzschild Street Incident
Please do not draw early conclusions from vague information. As far as I understood, there was no "incident" as you try to say here. Blockhead, please correct me if I'm wrong. Let me explain the situation:
- Schwarzschild Street was renovated by me (using my survival account), thus I consider it my station. Blockhead in fact did not notify me in any way when he built his line along, and did not ask me about its course. Isn't this sort of the thing you're trying to blame me for?
- I announced that I was about to reconstruct Schwarzschild Street Station a while ago on the Quadruplicate Spawn-Personhood Mainline.
- I checked beforehand that the line was not actively operated.
- My plan was to have the track layout change (and thus the line interruption) be completed in one evening. Other events in RL stopped me from doing this, but 2 days from Blockheads Message I completed everything.
- The integration of the line into the mainline network was supposed and overdue, as indicated by the connection tracks Blockhead built. He did not make switches though, because of the interlocking setup. With the integration now complete, passenger service is also possible.
The plan for my track was discussed at length in East-West Link, though not with you orwell but mostly 👑 gabriel, who gave me access to build the freight track. You responded to my concerns and resolved them in a timely manner. I don't see anything malicious in them; only very minor negligence, and not really on the scale of other allegations brought against you. I would not nominate you for Groty personally.
Is it not possible to create a CSM that does the same as the server-side skybox mode? I haven't read the client Lua docs and compared them to the server ones yet.
I don't think so. The only mention I've seen in the API's is in the server ones. /doc/lua_api.txt:5982-6084 (MT v5.2.0) are the only mentions that deal with the sky. The client API has a lot of the same functions, but not the necessary ones for this unfortunately.