This is a basic guide to help you get started with this server.
Your First Days
Your first days may be easy for you because of your initial items. However, eventually you will run out of food. We recommend farming or cutting trees.
You can start with cobbleboxes, but don't keep them for a long time. Cobbleboxes are usually small and ugly. Use circular saws and CNC machines as you get more resources.
You can get 5 MineGeld every day you place or destroy a block. This money can add up slowly.
We have some basic facilities to help you at any time.
- Technic stations. They usually have common machines that work more efficiently than fuel-fired, water-powered, and solar machines, and they are free.
- Spawn Market. This market is lage and has stands that sell different items. You can rent there, but do not sell admin items. Thdre are also premium shops that are larger and sell more items. Some users also build their own shops, and you can ask about them in the chat, as the list can be very long.
- Trains. We have trains in large cities and towns. You can find a list of them at the Main Page. If you want to build your own lines for the first time, contact User:gabriel.
- Cities. Cities are large settlement that provide public services free of charge. Many have a hotel that is free, and you can rent one of those if needed.
Aside from walking, you can travel to distant (or near) places by various means:
The LinuxWorks server is one of only a few servers that dare to run the Advanced Trains mod, and the only server that has a large train transport network.
There are local train services such as the Spawn Subway and Personhood Metrorail, as well as regional and express train services that connect the cities. Additionally, some players have set up small shuttle (or shittle) lines that take people to interesting places apart from the major settlements.
All existing railway services are listed on this wiki. Sometimes, someone makes maps for them.
It is possible to teleport to some places in the world.
- There are chat commands to teleport to the most common places. These are:
- Advanced players can acquire teleport pads. Those are small blue-ish pads on which you can step. Where they take you depends on the player that set them up, in most cases they are accompanied by a sign.
- In the big white building next to the Spawn Market, first floor, is the official Travel Center. From there, you can use teleport pads to a couple of places. At every such place, there's a teleport pad that takes you back to the Spawn travel center.
As the train transport network grows, we will gradually phase out the teleport services.
Support in Other Languages
There are many users who speak other languages, especially German, French, and Russian. If you are not sure, please ask in the chat, or refer to this page for more info.
There can be conflicts between users, and these are usually caused by:
- Cultural difference(s)
- Different building styles