Talk:ATL Bronze Line
- Route: undetermined, but the route will be clear within a couple days (or even on saturday)
- Stations: The route will mostlikely connect with the Crossroads West Mountians Station, since it is closer and simpiler to do this.
- Wagons: I will probably just use a wagon with three sections. To not be a Shittle the line will need two sets of tracks (total of six wagons).
- Identifier: will just be CR to CG (or if you are lookign for the number, what ever you (User:Ywang) propose will be used.
- Bridge: We can manage to put the entire thing underground, and under water, which will cut down on the ugly bridges and curves in the track. A digtron can be easily employed for this operation.
- You wrote that you will use 2 trains, each with 3 wagons. Am I correct? If so, what wagons are used? (Subway wagons, Japanese trains, *Ha trains,...)
- Long underground tunnels = absolute NO
- West Mountains Station will have more tracks at 16≤Y≤26, which means that even building tracks down to Y=0 would take 32 blocks - that slope is what I call ugly.
- I think this line can be interlocked with ATL. In this case, the routingcode can't be simply "CR to CG". We will discuss the routingcode problem after we agree on the route.
What is wrong with this new line stopping at the Mithril Line terminus of Crossroads? This route seems easier to build and manage, and will also increase frequency of trains at Crossroads. It will be interlocked anyways...
On your map, route 1 will be difficult to build because it will be basically an ugly bridge over the ocean. If route 2 is made, then the train should operate on the Zinc Line and the branch to West Mountains. But I still fail to see the benefit of a terminus at West Mountains rather than Crossroads.
Also keep in mind that there is little space for a direct connection from SC North to SC East, which is another reason I dislike this routing. I believe that a shuttle to Mushroom Land will be better because it also justifies the existence of the Mushroom Land station. At any rate, Colored Grasses is still a smaller town than Ocean City, so I believe that the rail link should pass through Ocean City (which is slightly closer)
Where did you get the base map for your image?
- The reason I chose West Mtns. is that I also want to build a City Hall N1 - West Mtns. - Silver Coast East line. The benefit is a much shorter bridge from West Mtns. to SC South.
- Interlocking with Zinc Line: that is what I'm also up to - have the line connected to a proper mainline (i.e. not an isolated railway). The problem, however, is also obvious - I have no idea where the tracks of Zinc Line is.
- As for Mushroom Land... Honestly, I have no idea why Arse built a station there.
- I also proposed having Mithril Line and Zinc line share the same platform during the discussion of Zinc Line. If that is the case, I can use Zinc Line and route it towards Silver Line. That has to be dont anyway.
- Base of the map: the map generated on 14.5.2019.
- The current line appears to have some conflicts with Zinc Line. The planning will continue after the Silver Coast and Silver Coast East part of the Zinc Line is planned. Construction may begin ONLY after the Silver Coast and Silver Coast East part of the Zinc Line is complete.
- Stations: at least 20 blocks long.
- Because of the current discussion about the north termius (Colored Grasses vs. Mushroom Land), the line will temporarily end at Silver Coast.
This is the summary of the current plan:
- Route: Crossroads City Hall (North 1) - Crossroads West Mountains - Silver Coast South - Silver Coast - ...
- Station requirements: at least 20 blocks long
- Train composition: 3 wagons long, detail to be discussed about.
Here is a proposial for the railway in a more visual form. The map came from the 05-04-2019 update.
Your proposal is an absoloute NO.
- The Crossroads - Ocean City section requires a lot of tracks - yes I can build about 2.5km of souble-track but hat does not mean that you can build rail like that.
- According to my understanding, interlocking can be used to prevent trains collisions and allow multiple trains and libes to share the same track. As we already have Silver Coast - Ocean City tracks and the Crossroads - Silver Coast track, that Crossroads - Ocean City track is simply unnecessary.
- I'm also planning a Crossroads (City Hall) - Crossroads (West Mtns.) - Silver Coast Souh line, so I think we can merge the two plans and build a Crossroads (City Hall) - Crossroads (West Mtns.) - Silver Coast South - Silver Coast Center - Ocean City - Colored Grasses line. Then we do have to wait for Zinc Line.
- I still don't know which wagons to use for the train. All I know is that we will use 3 wagons for every train.
- Is Colored Grasses a proper station? Do not forget that the platform in the station should be at least 20m long, and 40m is recommended.
- The map is updated on 14.5.2019.
Planning of the Ocean City - Colored Grasses part is now paused due to:
- The fact that the tunnel is constructed in a way that does not allow curved tracks and double tracks.
- The badly built station in Colored Grasses
- The difference in elevation.
PAUSE JUST A SECOND!
- I agree that the station may be badly built. Sorry for my building skills. Please help fix this.
- We are not going to be using the tunnel. That tunnel goes to Neverbuild.
- The elevation should not be a problem once we know where we are going. build up to the high shoreline on the opposite side of the station, and we should be fine.
- I have a stock of tracks. I don't anticipate this to be a problem.
I have examined several options for a link from the Silver Coast Silver Line towards Colored Grasses:
Option B is the most "direct" path, but it will basically be an ugly bridge and long tunnel. Option A, slightly west of it, goes through a valley in the mushroom cliff. This is more fitted to the landscape but would have a weird bridge over the river. Option C is my preferred option. It is level with the grass, which is significantly flatter. It goes east of the giant cliff.
Please tell me which option you prefer.
- Sorry about that. It was a misunderstanding.
- Even if that tunnel goes to neverbuild I would say that it's extremely ugly anyway, but that's off topic.
- The stations must have platforms on both sides. Even though we aren't using the other side yet we can still consider extending the line to Neverbuild. We'll come to that later.
- I would prefer option C, if that fits to the landscape very well. We still have to wait for Lucasburlingham, though.
So this is the summary of the current plan:
- Silver Coast - Colored Grasses: Nanepiwo's plan A, B, or C.
- Silver Coast - Crossroads West Mtns.: To be planned with Zinc Line.
- Crossroads West Mtns. - Crossroads City Hall: to be discussed internally by Crossroads Transport.
- Wagons: 3x Subway passenger wagons
- Minimum length of platform: 20 blocks or more.
- With Zinc Line at Silver Coast South
- Connection betweem Zinc Line and Silver Line
- At the point where Silver Lines goes East
Section C is now built, but needs an area from ARSE to be connected properly to Silver Line.
I currently propose the folowing routingcode:
cg sc cr_westmt3 cr_cityhall1
- "cg" is used to route the train towards Colored Grasses after departing northwards from Silver Coast
- "sc" is used to route the train towards Silver Coast after departing southwards from Colored Grasses. This routingcode is kept in case more lines to Colored Grasses are added.
- "cr_westmt3"is used to route the train towards the tracks of Zinc Line and then to West Mtns. platforms 3 or 4 (depending on driving direction).
- "cr_cityhall1" is used to route the train towards Crossroads City Hall (N1) Station platform 1B.
Also, I'm currently working on West Mtns. Station and City Hall Station, and I'll build the City Hall - West Mtns. part as soon as I finish the two stations. The West Mtns. - Silver Coast South - Silver Coast section will be planned along with Zinc Line. --Yw05 (talk) 20:25, 19 May 2019 (CEST)
Great! Just show me how to configure the ATC controllers when i finish building the station. I am currently grounded from my computer (i am writing this at school) at home, so I will be back on on Tuesday, May 21, 2019. (Tomorrow as of this writing I was playing minetest too much).--Lucasburlingham (talk) 20:50, 20 May 2019 (CEST)
- No, we won't use ATC tracks. I'll set up station/stop tracks.
- Are you going to put the wagons? Please do not put the wagons yet.
- Make sure that Colored Grasses Station has two platforms.
- The tracks at West Mtns. are much lower than I expected - at Y=11.
- Is the Zinc Line running at Y=-6?
- I can change the ATC.
- Sorry, but i have placed 4 wagons already (3 on the first line and 1 on the second)
- Building materials and food are in the chest on the platform
- Yw05 I have added you to the wagon's system (you can drive them now)
- In case you don't understand: we will use station/stop tracks. No ATC is required.
- This is my alt account. I play in game using Ywang, so adding Yw05 (this account) is useless.
- There is still some interlocking work that needs to be done. Do not start the train until the interlocking is also complete.
- How do you add me to the wagon's system?
- Station/stop tracks dynamically set the inside display. Do not manually set that. Only use the outside display.
Ywang: Here is my plan for Zinc Line in SC South. Yellow denotes a bridge, and blue denotes an open cut (where railway is depressed in the landscape but still visible from above). The SC South station will have one exit inside ARSE's new office and another to the surrounding streets (magenta on the map).
Here are my comments on West Mountains station:
I think that the slopes between each level should be rotated 90 degrees. This allows for more space on the platform next to the train.
I don't like 2x slopes, and believe that they defy the railway styleguide for mainlines. I will not complain about them in the station, but I will not tolerate 2x slopes on the mainline leading west from the station.
Am I correct in expecting that the ugly floating sloped box west of the station will be demolished?
Nanepiwo: please rebuild the station. Just do it so that i don't mess up for the 4th time. Materials are in the chest, and more tracks will come. thanks, --Lucasburlingham (talk) 00:34, 22 May 2019 (CEST)
If you use a crane, you can use the area provided with that, and then you can move on to the next section quickly without using the /area_pos set1 and 2, then /protect [NAME]. Just set the length and width for the crane (up to 32x32) and then place the tracks. If you want, tomorrow i can make the areas for you then you can place the blocks. (just if you want)
Since cranes still use the areas mod for this, I will be unable to place a crane in the area protected by you. I think it is best if you use a marker stone or commands to add me as an owner to some of your areas (such as CG main street). I also think you should remove the CG Station areas that protect a demolished station. --Nanepiwo (talk)
Nanepiwo: I can delete the areas. I will add you to the Colored Grasses Main Street (Main, Right and left wings) I have added about 100M to the track, but need you to complete the track (protected). Thanks, --Lucasburlingham (talk) 00:09, 23 May 2019 (CEST)
Good work on the tracks! Some more pillars may be nice, but that is just aesthetics. The long bridge was unavoidable.
I like this new station better, but it is not really a station: there is no real platform, and it is much shorter than the required 20m. Maybe it can be like a depot. For the station, I was thinking of building it under main street but a little bit south of it - I can do this when you add me to the area.
Yes, this track will lead to Crossroads. You should complete the other track as well, since it is protected by you. Just make sure not to have runaway trains that will interfere with the mainline! --Nanepiwo (talk) 05:02, 23 May 2019 (CEST)
Sorry that I couldn't post anything because of the "database is locked" stuff.
- Please take into account that interlocking takes a lot of space, so I think building that part directly at Y=-6 may be a better idea.
- Verifying: The following section will be interlocked:
- Diverging point of ATL Silver Line and the CG-CR line to the diverging point of CG-CR line.
- Did you set the routingcode?
- If you don't know how to build a station, look at Spawn Hbf.
Wagons are placed. Routing codes next? The trains are still out of order, is there a projected time that it will be operational? (not to rush or anything.) --Lucasburlingham (talk) 01:59, 26 May 2019 (CEST)
- Crossroads City Hall - Crossroads West Mountains
- Station tracks
Currently interlocking is the most important part. The train can be operational as soon as interlocking is complete, but at the moment it will only reach Crossroads West Mtns. until the City Hall - West Mtns. part is complete. As the station tracks are not used yet, the train will end up skipping some stations. --Yw05 (talk) 12:37, 28 May 2019 (CEST)
Sorry for not being on, I am fine, but my parents are worried that I am playing this game a little too much. I will be back within another month at the most, but definitely by the time summer ends. Thanks, --Lucasburlingham (talk) 00:59, 1 June 2019 (CEST)
Lucasburlingham: I feel sorry for it.
All: At the moment the track section between OC/SC/CG junction and CG station still has no interlocking, and the rest of the interlocked sections will be tested by Zinc Line. I will try to finish the interlocking before the testing. In that case both lines will be operational.
Also, Orwell has added RWT (Railway Time) to AdvTrains. I hope you don't mind if I make trains depart according to the following timetable when RWT is complete. Note that this is a new feature, and error(s) may occur.
|0x, 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x||x0;00 x1;40 x3;20 x5;00 x6;40 x8;20|
Seems like we'll forget about RWT because IMHO it doesn't work. I have made some changes to Bronze Line and it should depart every minute (assuming that we have enough trains for that). The following is the source code:
if event.train and atc_arrow then atc_send("B0 W OR") local time=os.date() if time.sec>50 then time.sec=time.sec-11 end local m="Crossroads City Hall\nThis train will depart at " if time.min==59 then if time.hour==23 then m=m.."0" else m=m..time.hour+1 end m=m..":00" else m=m..time.hour if time.min<9 then m=m..":0"..time.min+1 else m=m..":"..time.min+1 end end if time.isdst then m=m.." CEST" else m=m.." CET" end interrupt(60-time.sec,"depart") atc_set_text_inside(m) end if event.int and event.message=="depart" then atc_send("OC D1 R SM") atc_set_text_inside("Next stop:\nCrossroads (West Mountains)") end
Update: I have updated the LuaATC code to make textline show more information.
LuaATC track code:
if event.train and atc_arrow then atc_send("B0 W OR") local time=os.date() if time.sec>50 then time.sec=time.sec-11 end local m="This train will depart at:\n" if time.min==59 then if time.hour==23 then m=m.."0" else m=m..time.hour+1 end m=m..":00" else m=m..time.hour..":" if time.min<9 then m=m.."0" end m=m..time.min+1 end if time.isdst then m=m.." CEST" else m=m.." CET" end atc_set_text_inside(m) interrupt_pos(POS(1787,8,998),m) interrupt(60-time.sec,"depart") end if event.int and event.message=="depart" then atc_send("OC D1 R SM") atc_set_text_inside("Next stop:\nCrossroads (West Mountains)") interrupt_pos(POS(1787,8,998),"Train departed.") end
Lua code for operation panel at (1787,8,998):
if event.int and event.message=="timing" then local t=os.date() local str="Crossroads (City Hall)\nTime: "..t.day.."."..t.month.."."..t.year.." "..t.hour..":" if(t.min<10) then str=str.."0" end str=str..t.min if(t.isdst==true) then str=str.." CEST" else str=str.." CET" end digiline_send("disp1",str) digiline_send("disp2",str.."\n"..F.ab_cityhall) end if event.ext_int then F.ab_cityhall=event.message interrupt(0,"timing") end if event.punch then interrupt(0,"timing") end interrupt(60-os.date().sec,"timing")