Can you please import the templates  and maybe some other geographic templates like body of water? (I copy-pasted body of water but it would be better to do a proper import). These can be used on Bamboo Maar and Mount Gabriel. Thank you.
The regional rail map is a square so it should be good to go ahead and make it a billboard. I recommend 3x3 for a small one and 4x4 for a big one and add them to the ministry of transport (possibly along with PH metrorail and ATL system maps). --Blockhead (talk) 04:59, 5 August 2019 (CEST)
Can you please allow IPv6 for the wiki server? I was using IPv6 yesterday, and I couldn't connect to the Wiki server. (I'm writing this during the school break.) --Ywang (talk) 09:12, 15 August 2019 (CEST)
- I'll try to when I return home, it will be hard to do nouw, because I'm currently on IPv4 only --Gabriel (talk) 11:14, 15 August 2019 (CEST)
If you can, you should run the Automatic colour generator. In particular, technic paint layers and advtrains tracks are missing. If you can't be bothered to run the whole script, please at add the following to colors.txt before the next map render - lack of tracks on the map render is driving me crazy!
--Blockhead (talk) 08:52, 20 September 2019 (CEST)
- The automatic color generating script is known for skipping colors – that's why the tracks are not in the map. I just added your definitions manually, tracks should appear in the next map. --Gabriel (talk) 10:42, 20 September 2019 (CEST)
- New version with the sloped and functional tracks available at Forks:colors.txt --Blockhead (talk) 05:26, 21 September 2019 (CEST)
Hey, gabriel. So, I took a small break from Minetest and haven't been on in a while. Today, I decided I wanted to play again when I realized I was banned for "trolling". This really confused me. As far as I know, I didn't do anything like that last time I was on, or anytime. I really enjoy playing on this server, and wouldn't troll intentionally. Can you please explain what I did wrong? --Pancakes (talk) 12:29, 28 April 2020 (CEST)
- We had a trolling incident where users were coming from the same VPN as you. What happened is that one of the trolls got your IP address by coincidence so you were associated with them. I unbanned you, since the ban was done accidentally.
File size limit
I wanted to upload a new version of the world map hosted on the advtrains site but I see the file size limit has been reduced 8 MB -> 2MB. I think in general this is a pretty good limit (and there have been some rather unnecessarily large files uploaded before). Do you think it might be possible to give special privileges for bigger file upload limit to certain users? Maybe I should just ask orwell or Och_noe if they will host my newer version on one of their sites?
- I have reset it to 8M, it got lowered due to my update to php 7.3. --Gabriel (talk) 08:09, 3 February 2020 (CET)
There's some cool new stuff I wrote for the interactive map. Take a look at it here and consider testing and merging of feature/search (which will also merge feature/streeteditor) Cheers! --M42uko (talk) 13:05, 19 April 2020 (CEST)
- sadly, does not work on firefox for whatever reason. I'm trying to debug it --Gabriel (talk) 14:18, 19 April 2020 (CEST)
- It should be finally fixed now... Try merging again. Also, you will need to generate the cities.json if you haven't already. --M42uko (talk) 22:53, 19 April 2020 (CEST)
What is your opinion on how to add train lines to the interactive map? Should it also be done manually (like streets), or do we have some automatically generated data that can be used as a basis? I know there's the SVG of all train lines, but do we have it in a non-graphical format? --M42uko (talk) 20:14, 26 April 2020 (CEST)
- My idea was to add them as geojson featuresets, including the signal and the routes, so that the routes would appear when clicking the signal. --Gabriel (talk) 11:21, 27 April 2020 (CEST)
I want to start looking into adding the train lines to the interactive map now. I'll probably use the advtrains_netmapper as a basis. Can I somehow get a copy of the server DB / world files? Thanks! --M42uko (talk) 14:43, 14 June 2020 (CEST)
- Yes, actually two copies of the train data have been made available on minetest.bananach.space. The latest one is 2020-05-01.17.tar.gz. You can combine this with the mod archive (to play the map from minetest's world downloading feature, but don't play with the trains enabled if you don't want to kill your PC) and the latest map renders (as a background). I recommend you grab my branch of advtrains_netmapper at  - checkout the branch
drawmore, it includes TCBs and station/stop tracks. My next move there was also planning how to scrape LuaATC stations we have - that's in progress but not complete so I haven't pushed it. My branch also has the dimensions set right so that it matches the size of our map renders, no need to manually align them - this option should come to the command line eventually but for now it's in the lua source. Anywho, the
netmapperenvironment is a pretty good spot to dump out other station information since it's already got the station/stop track information loaded. My understanding was also that gabriel is working on a branch that traverses sections at a time, according to a set LN/RC, so check what he's been up to in terms of mapping train services to make sure you're not duplicating effort.
For some links like the links to the map it's IMHO not a good idea to 'overwrite' the current window/tab. I would like to have to posibility to make a link that opens in a new tab/window.
I had to reopen several times already the wiki because the tab was 'overwritten' by the dynamic map.
Hello Gabriel, please can you unban me?? Virusource
comment on GPCF
people have riddled over what what GPCF means since the beggining of time. i think i have a solution: German Penguin, Can Fly. i am seeking confirmation of this theroy --56independent (talk) 12:30 11 June 2020(GMT)