Some guides that I found missing ...
1x crate - to transport ditron from place to place.
1x control module (simple, or automatic)
1 (-3) x inventory storage, to store the minerals.
1 x combined storage , fuel injector and storing useful stuff( torches/glow blocks, extra screw driver, fuel, boxes, axe, showel, emergency food, etc ...)
1 x rotation axel - to rotate whole structure once
1 x builder module - to place torches
min. 6+ x digger heads. (width x height)
Place digger heads such that the rotating/digging side is in front (orange connector rear side).
Note that width should be symmetrical around the central axis and rotation axel should be placed in centr in order to conveniently rotate the digtron around its axis (See Fig.1).
Dimensions of digging face should be (height x ( 2 x half-width + 1) ).
Height of digitron: up to the builder - depends if you need to reach the ceiling.
Should be also symmetric around the central axis to avoid rotation errors (dashed lines on Fig 1.).
Falling gravel sand damages structure blocks (grey on Fig. 1) if they are uncovered from top. Make sure they are covered by other blocks (i.e. inventory).
Place buildin module to the edges of the digtron to place items generating light :
- top Extrusion: 1, Period: 10-15 ; Offset: 0, Facing: 0
Figure 1. Scheme for 7x5 digtron. Side, back and top view.
- Digtorn moves relative to control unit.
- Surplus cobbles, which do not fit to the inventory, will be droped behind the control unit. - Falling gravel sand damages structure blocks (grey on fig.). Make sure they are covered by other blocks (i.e. inventory).
- Use screwdriver to alter the rotation direction.
- Sign on rotation axis (<) clockwise, (>) anticlockwise. Use screwdriver to alter it.
- Smaller/larger digtrons should follow the symmetry between half-width (Wh) and rotation axel (Fig.1 dashed blocks).
Scheme for above.
LUA controller code (credit to: ywang)
-- CONFIGURATION local delay = 1 -- This value should not be lower than 2 (lag prevention) local channel = "lcd" -- Channel to report the status to
-- MAIN PROGRAM
if event.type == "interrupt" then
if pin.d then if (not(port.c)) then mem.counter = mem.counter + 1 end digiline_send(channel, tostring(mem.counter).." | Enabled") port.c = not (port.c) interrupt(delay) else digiline_send(channel, tostring(mem.counter).." | Disabled") end
if event.type == "program" then
mem.counter = 0 interrupt(1)